Input Needed

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Input Needed

Postby mfalco » Sat May 09, 2015 7:46 am

OK, I once again have been asked to create a slideshow for my wife's step mother. It will be her 90th birthday and I have put together part one of the show. I would appreciate any input you might have. I have raked my brain with what material I have and my imagination is now leaving me. As they say...two heads are better then one. I will not be offended in anyway with any input.

With much thankfulness, NOW PUBLIC

Marty

http://www.photodex.com/share/mfalco/adgxpmg4
Last edited by mfalco on Sat May 09, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Input Needed

Postby ginger » Sat May 09, 2015 10:36 am

Loved it... and I'm sure she will too. At first I was thinking that it might be kind of a slow, somber show, but I love the way you transitioned into the new song (which I also liked).

You're lucky to have so many quality old photos, and the photo of her father and the ranch hands (around the 2:15 mark) is a classic. The only thing I see that could be a problem is that some of the captions are a little difficult to read depending on the background, but I'm sure she won't need the captions. However, one suggestion might be to put a semi-transparent strip across the bottom of every slide that has a caption, and place the caption on top of that.

Great job!

ginger

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 am

Thank you Ginger. I agree about the captions. How do I put a transparent strip on each slide?

Postby ginger » Sat May 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Oops, I forgot. I don't think you can adjust the opacity in Gold. As far as the strip, you would just add a layer on top of your slide and unlock the x/y coordinates, then adjust the width and height and place it near the bottom, placing your caption on top of it. Anyway, it's not a dealbreaker. Most of the captions are legible.

Looking forward to Part 2.

ginger

Postby debngar » Sat May 09, 2015 3:01 pm

ginger wrote:Oops, I forgot. I don't think you can adjust the opacity in Gold. As far as the strip, you would just add a layer on top of your slide and unlock the x/y coordinates, then adjust the width and height and place it near the bottom, placing your caption on top of it. Anyway, it's not a dealbreaker. Most of the captions are legible.

Looking forward to Part 2.

ginger

Unlocking X/Y is only available in Producer.

Since the show is apparently private now, I haven't seen it yet. But using a contrasting caption shadow and/or outline can also help legibility. Or try duping the caption layer, change the color of one duped layer to a contrasting color and offset it down and to the right (by 1/1 ) in x/y settings.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Betty » Sat May 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Very nice. I started laughing at the beginning because that was the same piano verse I used for my sister's birthday video. I'm sure she will really enjoy the video. Very nice job!

~Betty

Postby heckydog » Sun May 10, 2015 4:48 am

Nice show so far. I liked the music choices.

It may just be me being picky but I thought in a couple places you could have either added commas or spaced the names further apart. At 2:03 and 2:21. Another option besides commas or wider spacing is to stagger the names vertically, it adds interest to your captions. Of course, I don't know anybody in those photos and family members probably would know who they are anyway.

At 2:42 I think there might be a misspelled name. Should be Harold, not Harlold?

Joe

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Wed May 13, 2015 2:55 pm

Thank you for your input into the show. I have made some changes to it based on some of the input. I will post the complete show when I have finished.

Marty

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback