new challenges

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
boatman170

new challenges

Postby boatman170 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:49 am

where r the new challenges all seem to be 2008

Re: new challenges

Postby debngar » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Good question.

I think we were all busy trying out the new stuff in version 4 in December, then trying to work with the bugs in the subsequent revisions for version 4 which were very frustrating until about April or May 2009 time frame when the latest revision fixed some major problems. I know I backed off on much of anything for about 4-5 months because I was so frustrated.

Now that we have a pretty decent revision to work with (4.2549) it's a great time to put a challenge out there.

If you can think of something that takes advantage of one or more of the new features, put a challenge out there in this section and see if anyone else is up to it.

I'm a little busy so coming up with something from me would depend on what the challenge is and whether I already have images I can use for that kind of thing etc.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:37 am

I was thinking about this just last night, and I even came up with some ideas, but then I realized I'd never have the time to create a show for a challenge.

So many of us seem to have gotten wrapped up in all kinds of projects, and there are even a lot of forum MIA's, doubtless because of having expanded their horizons into a heap of projects.

Maybe a good challenge would be to just plain SLOW DOWN! :lol:

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:52 pm

I have been thinking about this too. I agree with Barbara that maybe since everyone seems to be busy that we might wait until autumn when things, hopefully, will slow down.

I do have a suggestion for the next challenge if and when that happens. I suggest that we have shows depicting an abstract rather than an objective reality. Further refined that could be a human emotion or a condition of life. This might include things like joy, hope, sorrow, happiness, sadness, birth or death. It would be up to the participants what they choose to express within that broad scope of choices.

Best regards,
Donald Miller

Postby nannybear » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:39 pm

I second Barbara's suggestion! I am sorry I have been MIA but so many things on the go right now I can hardly come up for air. The cool part is that, without this forum, i would not have been inspired to the heights that I have been. I wouldn't have the knowledge or courage to do the stuff I am doing now. So thank you, thank you, thank you all!!

The incredible people on this forum have taught me so much more than just slide show stuff. Not to minimize the slide shows in any way! My horizons have broadened (sp) and grown, so busy busy busy girl and feeling very blessed for being a part of this! Right now I am loading all my CD's onto my ITunes on the computer because I now have an Airport Express which is the coolest thing! Will do a new post explaining that!! Hugs and happy summer to all, Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby rkligman » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:03 pm

I've been MIA also. The economy tanked and for some strange reason I got pretty busy and I'm very thankful that I am. My daugher lost her job in May and it took 3 months to get a new one. I've been shooting pictures, just not making slide shows. I'm about to change that but I feel like a rusty bike right now. Just checked out some of the Shows to get that feeling back again.
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:39 am

Rick, I was getting close to writing to you to find out if you'd become an astronaut and thus entered a state of being spaced-out. But you've landed, and so all is well.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Challenges