Sept/Oct 08 - "STUCK" - Debbie

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Sept/Oct 08 - "STUCK" - Debbie

Postby 57Corvette » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Debbie,

Pretty funny stuff ... especially when it happens to someone else.I hope the retrieved DVD was worth the loss of the player .....

Best,

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Bob,

Things seem to always work out for the best even though I find myself crabbing (ok cussing to myself sometimes lol) a bit about them.

The new player does a bang-up job of quality playback that I am simply amazed I took so long to replace the old one! The pictures are not at all as desaturated as the old one made them look. It was a shock and delight all at the same time to see that.

I really had no choice, since the DVD was stuck, wouldn't come out and made the player useless anyways. No big deal. I was just really tired that day, had been to Fry's once already and had to return because I was so confused over which one to buy without spending a ton of money on something like blu-ray I really didn't need or care about. Then to have taken 2 more hours to get it working was another crabbing session to myself.

I suppose when we start making blu-ray shows then I'll care but that'll be a while and I'd rather spend the rest of my money on a new lens or camera or software to make my job easier for the time being!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Real cute show Debbie. I had a good laugh as I remember doing the exact same thing myself a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, now we don't even have a regular dvd player, I have to use my husband's PSP3 system to view my shows. Quite annoying if he is playing on it when I want to view a show I have burned. Oh, well, boys must have their toys and ProShow is mine.

Linda :lol:

Postby floridabob » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Debbie:
My first post and the honor goes to you and your journey into the purgatory of electronic mayhem. Your mind runs in dark places but brings a smile and a sort of guffaw. Have to be careful - just had cataract surgery and outright hilarity might bring nasty consequences.
Bob

Postby nannybear » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 pm

That was hilarious!! You had me rollin on the floor. I am like Chrissy and will take a shoe or a hammer or just my fist and thump down. Sometimes it works and sometimes not so much!!! Glad all is well again, you were due for a new player anyway.....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby gimme5 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Debbie,

That was absolutely hysterical!!! I haven't had much of a chance to watch anything lately, but checked in briefly and was very happy to have hit upon something to really give me a lift and a boost amidst an otherwise crazy and hectic time!

I don't think it ever would have dawned on me to take the camera out and set it up to take photos of myself in the midst of a battle with ______(fill in the blank - electronic equipment, appliances, computer, my kids....). Now there is a thought - the next battle I have with one of my kids, I'm gonna yank out the camera and start snapping! Might help to diffuse the situation!!!

Anyway - I really enjoyed this - I'm getting ready to show it to my husband, who I know will get a big kick out of it!

Thanks for brightening my day!

~julie a.

REVISED - Ahhhh! I just read a few more posts and see that this was for a challenge! I've been away for a couple of weeks and hadn't caught up enough to read about the Sept. Challenge. It's still brilliant! It's got me thinking now....

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Loved it Debbie! That was alot of fun to watch.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:54 pm

Just loved your show Debbie, I think I smiled all the way through and even got a good giggle out of it. I must say you were brave to try and remove it. That is why I have a husband. He does all that for me I would never be so brave.

Cheers Penny

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Linda, FloridaBob, Jan Julie, Stephanie and Penny,

Thank you all for taking time to watch that silly show. I'm beginning to wish I picked a different song for the 1st selection though. That darn music is still driving me crazy. :shock: LOL
Debbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:13 pm

I would like to know the particular brand of hammer you used to accomplish this great deed. Looks like it worked great! Gotta have the right tools for the right job you know :wink:

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby debngar » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:31 pm

LOL The hammer pictures were taken to add more drama to the story. I'd already ripped the cover off and fiddled enough with the silly DVD player to finally get the DVD out of the box. But I couldn't resist the idea of using the caption "Hammer Time" as a segue into the second part of the story. So I figured I should include some scenes where I used the hammer to bash on that darn box as a last result.

I was probably lucky to even find one in the garage! I usually put my tools back where I can find them again. But sometimes hubby hides them from me inadvertently by not putting them back in the same place when he's finished using them.
Debbie

Postby weldr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:17 am

Hey Debbie, Great ending to an exasperating story. Your original post and this were great. Thanks for laughing and sharing. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby debngar » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:57 am

Thanks Weldr. Will we be seeing another creative expression from your computer soon?
Debbie

Msilva

Postby Msilva » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:06 am

Hi,
Great adventure...great time viewing..so much fun... :D :D :D

Postby Sixty Vette » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:24 am

Debbie,

After reading all the respopnses - I just had to watch your show. As you know - I have problems loading shows here at work, but I started the loading and just let it load. I am so glad I did - what a riot! I was laughing so hard that a few of my employees came in to see what I was watching!

Now mind you - I am the Director of IT for our company - so many of my people are technical nerds that deal with pc problems (as well ad cd and dvd's getting stuck in pc's) They all say now they have the solution next time this happens here at work!

Thanks for sharing - great fun!!!
Bob (aka Sixty Vette)

"If it's not broke, break it, and make it better"____________________________________________________
Nikon D40
Proshow Producer
Photoshop CS2

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Challenges