Golden Oldies - Hello God

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Golden Oldies - Hello God

Postby Anna J » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:13 pm

This show knocked my socks off. It is a perfect match of images to lyrics.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0884&alb=0

Anna

This show is by Jerry Cole. I couldn't bring it up from the original thread because it was closed.

The show is now also posted in the Gold Sample Show section since it was made with Gold.
Last edited by Anna J on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anna

VicGuy

Re: Golden Oldies - Hello God

Postby VicGuy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:36 am

Thank You so much for inspiring me again....Let's all remember who is really in charge.

Guy

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 am

I remember this show for its true excellence and also for the inability of some to separate that excellence from the show's content. This is a good one to watch for the way it marries image and music, not to further an agenda, but to explain an idea.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:09 am

I ditto Barbara's thoughts on this show.

But also - this is a Gold show and the thread should be moved into that section.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 am

Debbie, I announced this challenge up in the Gold section and invited everyone there to come into this section so things weren't scattered between the two forums. Anyway, a good show isn't dependent on the software used to create it. :D

Barbara

Postby debngar » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:35 am

Sorry, I didn't see that. I totally agree that a good show is not dependent on whether it was done in Producer or Gold.

I would only suggest if any Gold shows are to be posted into a new thread because it was locked, couldn't be found, or was deleted and not in the archives, that it should be put in the proper sample show area. Some shows you can't tell whether they've been done in Producer or Gold unless you are familiar with the creator though.

I only say this because there've been posts in the Yahoo forum that allows both Producer and Gold users to post shows and so forth. The Gold users frequently ask "how do I do such and such" kind of effect they see in the posted show and express frustration to discover the effect can only be done in Producer, that most comments come from Producer users, etc. They desire separation because it alleviates the confusion in discussion over features and the redundant posts to explain to Gold users they can't do that effect in Gold, etc.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 am

Though it's really up to the originator of a show to repost it in a new thread, you're certainly correct that there are times when it may be important to point out if a show is made using Gold as opposed to Producer. This would be really important if some tricky stuff has been done. Newcomers to Gold may not realize that what they're seeing is something they can do too.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Challenges