I finally have a website!

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Re: I finally have a website!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Cristina, I agree with everyone's comments except for Ron's dislike of the white background. I use white on my own web site because it contrasts with images better than any other color, and since that's what you're displaying--images--you want them to look their very best. Many professional photographers use white backgrounds for this reason.

My single criticism is with the font you've used on your About page. I believe it's Comic Sans, which (in my opinion) doesn't suit anything at all. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:12 am

Thank you Barbara for taking the time to look at my site. I did not have many options of font for that text, (I wanted to keep using the same font I used in the other texts, caviar dream, but it wasn't available) and the comic sans seemed to be the best option for me. I actually like that font, hehe :lol: reminds me of my own handwriting.
But thank you again!
Cristina
Cristina

Postby gpvideodesigns » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Beautiful website, beautiful photos. You did a great job. Good luck.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Thank you!!!
Cristina

Postby trulytango » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:02 am

Beautifil website site Christina... clean lines - well designed, and some gorgeous photos too. Well done!

One thing that jarred with me was the 'About' page. IMHO the font (Comic Sans) doesn't match the cool, professional look that the rest of your site portrays - to me, it looks just the opposite i.e. a little amateurish. I do understand that you personally like it, but I think this one thing is lowering the tone of your entire site. If you decide to keep the font, I would consider reducing the size of it as it seems a little too large - there's quite a bit of scrolling required in order to read the text displayed in such a narrow box.

On a practical note, the site loaded really quickly and behaved beautifully during my visit :D

Iris
Last edited by trulytango on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby Oldguy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 am

Beautiful Pictures!!

Forrest

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:06 am

Thank you Iris and Forrest!
After the first bad comment about comic sans, I reasearched online where does all this negative reaction to the font comes from, and I understood the reasons why desginers don't like it, and I must say I don't like it anymore as well, :lol: :lol:
I guess it was just my lack of experience in visual communication.

But I still didn't find the time to perform all the changes I need to make to my website...

Anyway, I just posted the link for my promotional video that will be playing on my "your life in pictures" page, and hope to get some nice suggestions for improvment here on the forum.
Thank you Iris once more for your great suggestions!
Cristina
Cristina

Postby trulytango » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:40 am

Have you heard this one:

"Comic Sans walks into a pub and the bartender says, 'Sorry - we don't serve your type in here'."

Poor old Comic Sans - much maligned and rightly so! :wink:
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 am

:lol:
Cristina

Postby Zotz1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Im a little late as always , But love the site :) nice job ! and great shooting :)
Zotz1

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:02 pm

It's never too late to have feedback on something that means so much to me Zotz1 !
Some of the members on this forum have followed my journey, as I became a photographer, and I can garantee it was not easy, and building the website was a very special step I made on this path.
I'm glad you liked it!
Thank you so much!
Cristina
Cristina

Previous

Return to Personal Web Sites