ProShow Secrets Beyond the Manual: FPVP Blog

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

ProShow Secrets Beyond the Manual: FPVP Blog

Postby im42n8 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:07 pm

I have been busy lately … compiling information and rewriting topics I have previously created. I have rearranged, revised, and updated the blog entries. Generally, the information posted should be easier to read and topics to find. Blogs have some significant limitations to making information really easy to find and read … but I have tried to minimize those limitations wherever I could.

One thing I discovered was that this blog contained more information than I thought was there. Another thing I discovered was how much information needed some updating. Some of it was current as of Proshow Release 4.52 and here we are using version 6. Much has changed since then. Yep, more than just a user interface tweak. Improvements were made to features all over the place (subtle but real!).

The introduction to Proshow, ProShow Discussion, has its own chapter now as does the ProShow Equations (this establishes the relationship between the functions of Pan, Zoom, and Rotate Center, how layer width and height are determined, and the relationship of the show and layer aspects).

Useful for nearly any user expertise level, most of the information presented is for users familiar with ProShow, particularly the advanced and expert user. Basically, this is information that is not in the ProShow manual … it’s beyond the manual. Peruse, study, learn, and Enjoy! :D

Click on the "FPVP Blog" link below to visit and check out the changes.

Dale

PS:
1) Photodex was concerned about the "secrets" part of the title conflicting with their Secrets of ProShow Experts book. So, I made a name change to: ProShow Unleashed — Beyond the Manual

2) The equations that govern the relationships between Pan, Zoom, and Rotate Center are codified in this worksheet ... that and a bunch more. These tools let you do things even many ProShow "experts" have no clue about. Things you thought impossible, extremely difficult, or very labor intensive are now possible, easy, and quick to do. FPVP Tools for ProShow
Last edited by im42n8 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: ProShow Secrets Beyond the Manual: FPVP Blog

Postby pandyas@orcon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 am

No link?

Postby im42n8 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:16 am

Sorry, the name change didn't make it obvious did it?

Well, I made the necessary adjustments above.

Enjoy!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby jsd » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:58 am

Dale,
Thanks . You did a great job
Jos

Postby im42n8 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks Jos!

Much appreciated.

Dale

Postby Curtiscop » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Dale,

I purchased, and downloaded your "ProShow Unleashed - Beyond the Manual" today from your website.

Wanted to let you know I was more surprised and 'impressed' with the depth you go into each topic, without overwhelming the explanations you give on each subject. Very well laid out, explained, and wonderful graphics to help gain a good understanding.

Glad I found it today .... have a long 3 day weekend coming up, and anxious to dive in. Excited with all I'm going to learn, and understand much better than before.

Thank for taking the time and putting a great product together.

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Postby im42n8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:24 pm

De Nada Curt,

I started keeping notes on the program awhile ago to keep my self from having to "relearn" things. Some stuff you don't use for awhile and if you forget, you either have to relearn, reinvent, or re-discover. I didn't want to go through that. Then I put the blog out there ... and then kept adding some stuff now and then.

Hopefully you'll find most, in not all, of the material useful. Note that there are equations dealt with in the topic on rotation center. I delve in to the functions that are related to each other relative to rotate center. Well, while equations are nice to know, they're often not something you will always want to work with directly. So, if you go to the Member Created Files, you'll find a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that does the calculations for you. You should be able to use Excel 97 and later without a problem. Yes, it does require you to have a copy of Excel ... but, if not you can create an account on the Microsoft 365 site (?) to use the free MS Office products on a smartphone. I believe this Excel worksheet will work on a PC that accesses your free account in-the-cloud MS account. It's been awhile since I tried it but, it worked about 6 months ago or so. It lets you run MS office on a smart phone.

Anyway, if you get around to working with freeing up the power of the rotate center function, it might be a useful tool to begin working with. Later, if you get more intrigued with this stuff, you can always check out the full version of the worksheet on my main website.

Enjoy! and Thanx!

Dale

Return to Personal Web Sites