sending proshow gold show via email

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

sending proshow gold show via email

Postby Lenora » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:35 pm

I want to send a show to someone via email they don't have psg. I tried doing an executable but that would not attach to my email. Is there another way to do this? when it brings up the email form I don't have an account with that email service so it wouldn't send it. I have yahoo mail and it won't attach

Re: sending proshow gold show via email

Postby heckydog » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:26 pm

ISP's won't let you attach exe files to emails for obvious security reasons, executables often are viruses or malware.

There's a couple ways around this. The most common is to put your show inside a zip or rar file. The recipient has to have the software to unzip or unrar it, and most people do these days.

Another less common way is to change the extension to something the ISP will accept, like .jpg or .gif. Then the recipient MUST change the extension back to exe before trying to run the file.

A third way is to have a cloud storage service where you can upload your file. Then you don't attach a file to the email, you provide a link in your email for the recipient to download. The advantage here is the recipient doesn't have to wait for a huge email to download that they may not know is coming. They can download it when it suits them. Personally, I think this is the best way to go for larger files.

Joe

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting