Edited photos not transferring

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Edited photos not transferring

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:56 pm

OK, so your stuff is up to date and we can rule out an external drive issue. I don't have windows 10 and refuse to put it on my machine (still running win7/64). Very strange. Give Photodex support a call tomorrow and see what they say. Let us know what you find out if possible (so we have a clue what to tell the next person with that problem).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:28 am

Hi

I sometimes use Photoshop Elements but not the last version.

In my version you have two ways of editing phtos : assisted (I do not remember the exact term) and full.

In the first case you are using an album view and depending your preferences, when you modify photos, photoshop does not owerwrite the original photo but create a new one and rename the old one or copy it in an other folder. Then in photoshop you see the last one but can also the the older versions if you want.

Photoshop may use pseudo folder name in the album (in reality it is a shorcut).

Have you checked in Windows explorer what the folders with date names contain ? Do you see all the versions or not ?
Chris Marie

Postby suzafone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:24 am

FYI, turns out it was not a ProShow problem, but how I saved my edited photos so that they'd show up in my Pictures folders, and thus in ProShow. Thanks for everyone's attempts to resolve this problem.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:46 am

Oh, OK. Sounds good - I could not figure out a way that Proshow could not see the images if Explorer could (that was why we asked earlier about can you see the images with Windows Explorer).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Previous

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting