Help! New ProShow Problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Help! New ProShow Problem

Postby funnyguys » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:08 am

I have the latest Producer legal release and have been using it almost every day with NO problems since Photodex went belly-up.. This week it started to do something weird. While I have the Slide Options window open and I need to drag one photo into the layers section of the window, it shows me dragging the photo into the list of layers, but nothing ever happens after that The photo does not appear in the Layers list. This is a crucial thing to do as many slide styles have Layers that might say...drag tall or wide picture here, and now it won't let me do that. Has anyone had this happen starting this week? I have not changed ANYTHING on my PC in a long time except Windows 10 updates. Any help would be appreciated.

Valued Member

Re: Help! New ProShow Problem

Postby john54 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:10 am

Hello. Personally, in such cases, I do a quick reinstall of the program (overwrite). Usually, it helps. Or first, try to delete Proshow cfg config. setings and Proshow.phd files if present.
Files path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Photodex\ProShow Producer
Regards John

Postby funnyguys » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:11 am

Thanks so much. I will give that a try. :D

Postby DixieReid » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:41 am

This will help your situation.

https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html

SignIn Username: longwhitecloud Password: longwhitecloud

All the best...
Dixie

Postby funnyguys » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 am

Dixie, thanks for the info on your website. I followed your instructions with password and also decided to download a Style Pack and Transition Pack. All worked fine per your instructions and I had no problem downloading them. However, when I tried to unzip them using WinZip, I got all kinds of errors and when I went to the unzipped folder, they were all empty. So I looked inside the Zipped folder and saw that the extension for the slide styles and transitions were different than what ProShow uses here. Slide Styles end in .pxs and transitions end in .pxt. The ones in the zipped folder ended in .f something. Could it be a country difference? I live in the USA. Thanks for your help!

Postby DixieReid » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:38 am

I'm sorry, I haven't been back here for a while. How did you get on? You will get errors if your browser is set to unzip files automatically as they are downloaded because the zip file contains a .reg file which dear old Windows doesn't like. It's best to download the .rar version in that case and unzip it within your downloads folder or any other folder you save the downloaded files to. The styles packs and extensions are the official Photodex releases and are all the registered versions on my site. You can't go into the files because ProShow Producer installations of styles and transitions are "proprietary". You just run the setup and let the installation proceed. My email is dixie.reid@gmail.com if you need any help. Kind regards, Dixie

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting