Missing Videos

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Missing Videos

Postby jaywils » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 pm

I have PSP 6.0.3014.

Recently I created a show using a mix of still and videos with two audio tracks. I saved it and successfully posted it to YouTube.

Today I opened the original .psh and ALL of the videos were missing. Producer did not show a "Missing Files" window, but all of the video slides were black. When I double-click on a video slide to open the editing window, the file name and info are still there but the video icon is a checkerboard transparency (like Photoshop). When I click to play, only the background audio works, the screen is black. The actual video files are in the proper folder (using collect show files)and will play outside of PSP. If I drag the same video file into the slide all I get is another checkerboard icon.

I deleted the .pxc file thinking it might be corrupted, and then re-opened the last backup (b09) only to get the same results. I know this program pretty well but this one has me baffled.

Update: I tried creating a new show and importing a video and got the same black result. I then opened a recent .psh with an existing video and it ran perfectly.

So the only thing it could be is the PSP program itself. I deleted it, reinstalled it, and all is well...

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting