Problem with Videos on Slides

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Problem with Videos on Slides

Postby Curtiscop » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:42 am

I 'discovered' an issue with Producer, that some may not be aware of .... and wanted to share to hopefully save some headaches in producing your own shows.

Over the weekend I completed a slide show; burned it to a Blu-Ray disc, but when I played it back ..... two slides (that have video and images on them) did not playback correctly. As soon as the slide started, the video audio played immediately (even before the video came up on the screen, later in the slide).

As usual, when I called PHOTODEX, they were super helpful. The agent actually explained the issue, and proxied in to my computer and resolved one of the slides, and afterwards I corrected the other slide. The issue is ...... WHEN MULTIPLE VIDEOS, IMAGES, KEYFRAMES, ETC. ARE ON ****ONE SLIDE****** IT WILL SOMETIMES GIVE 'PRIORITY' TO THE VIDEO SOUND. Seems it has trouble keeping everything in order if there are too many things on one slide.

What the agent did was to open a new project, and take the one slide, with the four 'video clips', and split them over a total of four slides, instead of one. Between each slide there was a 'CUT' transition, with '0.0' time, so there was no 'break' and appeared just as my original Single (ONE) slide appeared.

MORAL of the STORY ..... if you're wanting to do a lot of video and pictures in one 'sequence' it is best to do it across several slides, instead of one.

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting