No Sound

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

No Sound

Postby ve6tp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:39 pm

HI:

Hope I'm not repeating my posting.

I can not get any sound to play on my show, using v5.0.3297. When building the show, it does shows I have a song file selected and is displayed under the pictures but no sound. any help?

Re: No Sound

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 pm

You need to be a bit more specific. Does it not play the sound when you preview in Producer or not play when you have it on a DVD or? I have run into (a few years ago) an interesting issue with DVD's where an mpg2 DVD would play fine on everybody's player except one friend. Turns out the spec for NTSC DVD says that at least one audio channel must be PCM or something else that escapes me at the moment. The default of Mpeg layer2 that many video editors use was not valid for NTSC and his player would not play the audio track. Somewhat obscure, but I have run into it (once). If it is not playing in preview, I would suspect you have a "mute" box checked somewhere.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Found my problem. My problem was me.

Seems the older I get, the dumber I become.

Postby Jeep » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 am

Hi ve6tp !

There is an old saying which states : "99% of computer problems remain between the chair and the keyboad". I do know that perfectly too.
That's a joke of course !
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting