Show comes to dead stop

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Show comes to dead stop

Postby hcajones » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 am

Been away for quite a while because I just haven't done any shows for quite a while. Now I see that the future of ProShow seems to be in doubt. I hope it survives.

To my question for today: I created a show, which I'm now editing. The show comes to a certain point, and it just stops. No more motion; no more audio. A dead freeze. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual about the photo where it stops -- it's one in a series of similar photos. And the soundtrack is at mid-point. I've tried removing the slide just before the dead stop and the slide just after the dead stop, but the show stops anyway, so I restored the slides because I'd like to keep them in the show.

But right now, I can't do anything beyond where the show comes to a dead halt.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you.

Re: Show comes to dead stop

Postby Jeep » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 am

You possibly have inserted a stop on the slide. It's shown like a double vertical bar (ll) on the left part of the slide on the timeline.
Last edited by Jeep on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby Betty » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:13 am

It's possible the particular slide style may be in question or the transition. Try removing the slide style and/or transition to isolate the problem. I have also experienced this with audio. I had to remove the audio and then re-add it. Another symptom could be the jpg. Try a different photo.

~Betty

Postby hcajones » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks for the help! I had created a stop. I've never done that intentionally and must have created it by accident, so it wasn't something I was familiar with. Nice that it's such an easy fix -- with some help.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting