Continual reloading of PSP show after PC startup

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Continual reloading of PSP show after PC startup

Postby hthochman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:52 pm

I have used Photodex for over 10 years. It has included PSG and for the past number of years PSP. Recently, I took a trip and as usual, use PSP to create a DVD.
For this cruise trip, because of it many stops during the trip, it was better for me to break it into 4 segments as a Project.
I have been working on this for the last month. Each time I wanted to continue the creation of the show, I would open the show, click on the "Publish" button at the top menu bar.
This would bring up the 4 different *.ppr shows. Clicking on any one of these would within a reasonable loading time (about 5 minutes) bring all 4 shows into the "Publish" Project window located on the right side of the PSP window. It would also show each named show located just above the large main window, from which I could choose any of the 4 to work on. This process moved along smoothly for about a month. Each time I shut down the program or computer, my procedure would be to:
1) click on the save button 2) click on the "X" at the upper right corner.

A few days ago, the following situation happened which has been continuing and is a time-consuming nuisance.
When I now open PSP and click on the "Publish" button as before , the same window shows up with the 4 *.ppr choices. I then, click on one of these.
At this point is when the problem begins. The first thing that happens is that the "Reading Transitions" start so I have to wait for that. Next, reloading starts of every picture and video for each of the 4 shows. The total time takes about 20 minutes. So, because of this reloading process, I went from about 5 minutes or less to now 20 minutes or more depending on how much larger the show gets. It really isn't that big showing a total of a little over 2 GB in size for all 4 shows together. In the past I have made these DVD's with the maximum of almost 4.7 GB.

My first try at solving the reloading problem each time was to delete the *.pxc cache file from each of the shows and allow it to recompile. This took place without any problems and, indeed did show an improvement in the way that the various processes operated in shorter times, a good improvement. However, the problem of "Reading Transitions" and reloading continued. I did not want to go any further with the hope that someone can suggest what else might be causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Continual reloading of PSP show after PC startup

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Try this:
Open a new empty show.
Insert an empty slide in it.
Click on FX at the top of the program. Choose Transitions.
Alternatively you can click on that A/B transition in your empty show.
Wait until the program loads ALL the transitions.
When it's done, try to load that project again.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting