Rendering video issue

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendering video issue

Postby Janek » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:35 am

Hello,

I've been using ProShow for a couple of years without any issues until recently. I have bought a new PC and switched to Win 10Pro and... I can't render videos. Recently I discovered ProShow as a easy to use simple video editor and trying to sort out my holiday's 4k drone videos :).
So the issue is when I hit export and ProShow Producer starts to convert first audio then video it stops with the following pop up:

I have spend two days digging the Internet and trying many solutions (reinstalling, converting videos to 1080p before edit) ... nothing helps.

Then I went to my wife's PC (an older machine with win 10pro as well) and installed ProShow - and it works there. So I am confused.
It is a local issue, possibly with some admin access problems (that's win 10). I have a plenty of storage space on my hdds.

I'd be very grateful for any advices.

Re: Rendering video issue

Postby jimrb67 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:27 pm

I'm getting the same error message. My computer is a newly build Ryzen 2700X, Windows 10 Home, 64bit, 64 gig of ram, MSI Geforce 1060 GTX 6GB, 500 M.2 SSD for C:drive, 6TB HDD, and auxiliary 500 GB SSD for scratch disk and special projects. After using ProShow Producer 5 for several years, I upgraded to Version 9 today and made a small 3 minute test video. Everything seemed good until I tried to create a simple Mp4 file. That's when I get the same error message regarding unable to write the video file. Don't know if the problem is related to Windows 10, or something else like a anti-virus software conflict. Would appreciate some feedback, as I'm concerned help from Photodex will likely disappear at the end of the month. Hopefully, I haven't thrown good money away if I'm unable to rectify my issue.

P.S. There is another small windows that opens briefly before the video error message window, but it flashes so quickly. It might be the rendering window showing for an instant just before it notifies me it can't write the video file. I CAN, however, make a EXE file that works, but that's not my desired goal.

Postby Janek » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:54 am

Well, I had found a solution, a couple minutes after posting my query, yesterday :).
It's "Malvarebytes" antyvirus. If I kill the process I am able to save a video. It's odd but works.

Postby tomcran » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:15 am

Janek wrote:Well, I had found a solution, a couple minutes after posting my query, yesterday :).
It's "Malvarebytes" antyvirus. If I kill the process I am able to save a video. It's odd but works.

This solved my problem too - which problem I posted in an adjacent thread - couldn't load videos. I bet the problem is with Malwarebytes, not Proshow. After a new update I bet it started interpreting some key Proshow files as malware. I have seen Malwarebytes do this in other instances after updates. Something that it formerly viewed as fine it now deems malware.

Postby jimrb67 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:42 pm

I suspected my issue was also an anti-virus program, and it was, but it wasn't Kaspersky program. It also was Malwarebytes causing the issue. Once I disabled it (temporarily) Producer 9 rendered a couple of test videos just fine.

This board has helped a lot of people. I hope it remains long after Photodex closes their doors at the end of the month. Thanks to all those who provide much-needed solutions on this board.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting