Producer not opening

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Producer not opening

Postby web_bruin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:25 am

Producer not opening - I just discovered yesterday that Photodex will be closing down. So bummed. I really enjoyed working this program.

I created a show in producer covering the women’s march a few days ago. Could not upload it to YouTube. Error msg stated there was a connection error, but I could load an MPEG file directly from my hard drive to YouTube, so connection is working. Wrote to Photodex – no response. The following day, producer would not open at all. The splash screen comes on for a few seconds, then nothing even though task manager shows the program running. I’ve closed everything out restarted my computer, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Re: Producer not opening

Postby cherub » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 am

Not sure why this is happening on your computer.
Try this:
Close the program and from Windows (File Explorer), delete the following files located in the program directory:
proshow.cfg
proshow.phd
These files will revert the program to its defaults, and they will be recreated when you next start Producer.
If this doesn't help, then disable all your security programs (firewall and anti virus) and reinstall the program.

Postby web_bruin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Thank you. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. It is now working.

I also tried open the www.photodex.website, but my Norton Security program designated it as "Dangerous Web Page. Blocked!" Is anyone else receiving this message? I was just on the site the other day without issue.

Postby cherub » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:40 pm

web_bruin wrote:Thank you. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. It is now working.

I also tried open the http://www.photodex.website, but my Norton Security program designated it as "Dangerous Web Page. Blocked!" Is anyone else receiving this message? I was just on the site the other day without issue.

I don't know to what site you are trying to connect, but this is Photodex's site: http://www.photodex.com/

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting