Read-Only Slidestyle

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Read-Only Slidestyle

Postby CindyR » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:26 am

Now that Photodex is shutting down, I'm trying to organize & back up my program and my 3000+ slide styles. I have a few slide styles that I'm having trouble re-categorizing. When I try to put them in another category, I get a box that (and I'm paraphrasing) essentially says "XXXX-style is marked read-only and can't be categorized. This is not a setting in Proshow but a setting in Windows. And then it proceeds to tell me how to find it and change it. However, it's not marked as read-only on my computer so I don't know what to do at this point. I have Windows 10.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, it this site still going to be active after Photodex shuts downs? It would be helpful to still get tips on using Producer . . . not quite ready to switch to Photopia until all the bugs are worked out!

Cindy

Re: Read-Only Slidestyle

Postby cherub » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:21 am

I don't know exactly what's happening on your computer. But I know from my customers that some of them use to "hide" some styles from time to time, and "unhide" them when they need them. This is done in Producer.
Check if this is not your case too. If a style is "hidden" then it cannot be categorized.

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:17 am

Are they Photodex's built-in Styles? If so, I don't think you can recategorize them.

Des

Postby cherub » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:59 pm

des.tom wrote:Are they Photodex's built-in Styles? If so, I don't think you can recategorize them.
Des

I just tried to re-categorize built-in styles, and had no issues. Moreover, many of the built-in styles belong in several categories by default.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting