Character animation

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Character animation

Postby rickly69 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:49 am

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum and a total newbie in Proshow as well. I have some basic knowledge having used Vegas Pro a while back but this is a totally diff prog. I'm looking for some help in trying to animate a cartoon character for my daughter I have the character dissected and loaded into Proshow Producer 9 but for some reason, in playback, the eyes and head are not in sync I've lined them up as best as I can rotate center etc. the head moves but the eyes for some reason don't follow as it should when I apply modifiers. I've seen others where the eyes seem to be glued to the head and follow its movements. For the eyes I have my modifier set at Variable Amount set to rotate and the "from" set to Head.

Sorry if my terminology is wrong but if anyone might help me out I 'd really appreciate it as if I can overcome this hurdle I can move forward and do more.

Many thanks
Barry

Re: Character animation

Postby cherub » Tue May 12, 2020 9:02 pm

Hard to tell exactly what happens in your animation without actually seeing the graphic elements.
But I'll just say this:
For things to move together, they need to have exactly the same Rotation Center. If you want the eyes to move with the head, they need the same rotation center as the head.
Also, you must take into consideration that in ProShow you can have just ONE rotation center for each layer.

Postby rickly69 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:57 am

Hi Cherub

Thanks for replying I'm trying to replicate this bluebird show(see link below) (I'd mute the audio if I were you as it's just music) :D I followed all the instructions from this but he left out the part about modifying the eyes and head.

I also tried as you suggested giving the eyes the same rotation center as the head but that didn't work either, unfortunately.

Maybe it's something simple I'm not doing right but I did notice that both the eyes and the head have different Rotation Centers. I have the actual .psh for it but not sure how to upload it. Thanks for your time

Regards
Barry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHa91pF ... x=22&t=78s

Postby rickly69 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:02 am

Here's the actual show file link hope it works .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1paRBV9 ... sp=sharing

Barry

Postby heckydog » Wed May 13, 2020 6:08 am

He's given you the link to the whole bluebird animation. It's in the description below the video and includes all the parts. You don't have to try and duplicate all the movements. Just open it in PSP.

Although what grandpajanek has done is very clever, PSP is not the best way to create an animation.

If you turn off the background clouds you can put in your own background. A green background for example. That would give you more options to manipulate the video.

Joe

added: I see you posted a question to him on youtube. He's a member here so you should be able to do a member search and leave a PM for him. I'm sure you'll get a response quicker from here than on an older youtube video.

Postby rickly69 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:25 am

Yes, Joe, I realize the whole show is there but I was actually trying to learn how he actually put it all together by clearing all his settings and trying my own but it never seems to work for me for some reason. I didn't realize he was a member here I might send him a message.

Thanks for your input

Barry :)

Postby rickly69 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:07 am

Hi Joe

I done a quick search for him on here but he's not showing would he have assumed a diff username by any chance?

Postby heckydog » Wed May 13, 2020 6:04 pm

I believe he goes by john54. You should be able to PM him that way.

Sorry about that. I forgot that he used a different username here.

Joe

Postby rickly69 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:44 pm

Ok thanksJoe appreciate it

Barry

Valued Member

Postby john54 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:37 am

cherub wrote:For things to move together, they need to have exactly the same Rotation Center

That's it.
You have in keyframe # 2 layer "eyes" wrong value (-13 / 9).Should be 37 / 100.
Regards John.

Postby rickly69 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 pm

Ok thanks John and to everyone else for contributing.

I didn't realise that they both needed to have the same centre location I can move forward now with this knowledge as I'll more than likely be using this function often.

Regards
Barry :D

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting