Problem burning

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Postby sihyp » Sat May 03, 2008 3:07 pm

I trust PSP has a superior capability to generate creative multimedia slide shows. I usually choose encoding to MPEG 2, as video output format.

For other remaining tasks - autoring and burning DVDs -, it is advantageous to use something else, like DVD-lab PRO and Nero, I believe.
Quim

Postby Pauline Collins » Sat May 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Thank you Quim for your reply but I don't understand a bit of it.

I am just learning ProShow and was so pleased that I could burn straight from the program for the first 2 DVD's but when I couldn't get it to work anymore I went to Nero.

Would love to get my problem with burning in ProShow solved though, but do not understand any of the complicated stuff.
Thanks again.
Pauline

Valued Member

Postby photoshowstudio » Wed May 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Just to let the forum know, this problem of "Waiting to close the disk" hanging still haunts me. I have burned DVD+r just fine, but DVD-R hangs on the "Waiting to close the disk". I tried using disks from the bottom of the stack and that theory didn't work either. Still at my wits end trying to make heads or tales of this.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed May 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Are you getting this error from ProShow or what application?

If it's ProShow, don't have it write the DVD--have it output to an ISO and then use something else to actually write the DVD.

If you're getting this from Roxio or Nero, try using Imgburn (free download) to create it.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Valued Member

Postby photoshowstudio » Thu May 08, 2008 8:00 am

ok, I have had success!!! I used a different DVD-R (sony) vs the one I had (Memorex) and it worked like a charm. I also realized that I hadn't asked for a Title or picture to click on on the menu screem, but I never told it to not have a title screen, so I think that may have had something to do with it too. At any rate, problem seems to be fixed and I can breathe once more.

Postby Pauline Collins » Thu May 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Thank you Dick for your input. It really got to me that I have burnt twice with ProShow and then could not get it to happen again and I don't like things to beat me.

Read your comments PhotoShowStudio and also changed the brand of my discs. Then thought my problem must have something to do in the Menu section, and I found that I was using a Title in the "Layout List" that I had added before on my previous successes (thinking it would save the Menu set up for that Show) When I changed it to "1 List" - IT WORKED.
Really happy when it spat out the disc but when viewed it had the Yellow and Red outline on the titles - Yuk! - so unchecked them and reburnt and all was well.

Thank you for all the help with this. Just need to know if I want to burn this again at a later date how can I save the Menu so that I don't have to put it all in again. I closed the Show and then re opened it and found that my Menu had gone.
Cheers Pauline.

Postby Advantage DVD Productions » Fri May 09, 2008 8:53 am

sihyp wrote:I trust PSP has a superior capability to generate creative multimedia slide shows. I usually choose encoding to MPEG 2, as video output format.

For other remaining tasks - autoring and burning DVDs -, it is advantageous to use something else, like DVD-lab PRO and Nero, I believe.
Quim

I like your use of the word "advantageous"... 8)
When it Comes to DVD & CD Duplication or Replication...Get it from Us for Less Money & Faster! Free delivery to your door.

HTML: http://www.samedaydvd.com
Become a connection: http://www.Linkedin.com/in/samedaydvd

Re: Problem burning

Postby DHutchens » Sun May 26, 2019 4:32 am

I have the same problem with Proshow Producer 9.0.3797 - waiting on the writer. Did not have this issue prior to the upgrade to new version. No apparent updates to be found to correct issue which seems to be common based on this forum. The solutions offered by other users are ineffective. Using a "super computer" with max hardware specs so that is not the issue. Going back to old version unless Proshow able to offer software update.

Esteemed Member

Re: Problem burning

Postby Marie78 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Hello

The best method is to use Proshow to create an ISO file then burn with the software you use for burning in any case
Chris Marie

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting