Photos Flashing

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Photos Flashing

Postby barrynco » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:41 am

I need some help. I'm in Producer V9.0.3797. I'm trying to add photos to a show, but some of the photos are flashing and they have a weird extension. There are some letters after the jpg extension. And with each flash, the photos change positions.The photos on my hard drive look fine. They have the standard jpg extension. I can open them with no problem, but in the photo window in Producer, they're flashing. It's hard to explain. I hope that makes sense.

Re: Photos Flashing

Postby heckydog » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:38 pm

There's not supposed to be any letters after the jpg, or jpeg. Ever!

It's possible you have downloaded some sort of executable file. It might be some kind of malware or virus.

You should run your antivirus and anti-malware software just to be sure. Usually, you can right click on a file to open the context menu and run a scan of just that particular file, or files, if your AV program is listed there.

Joe

Postby barrynco » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:04 am

Thanks for getting back to me, Joe.
I had run AV on all the photos before downloading them, but I'll run the AV on each photo and see what happens.

Postby heckydog » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:05 am

Just a reminder that those are not photos, you shouldn't try to use them.

The AV check is to see if they have installed anything on your computer you don't want or need.

What is the extension on the photos? DON'T post a link to them, just the extension.

Return to PSG - General Discussion