My old Proshow Gold 7 to a new PC

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

My old Proshow Gold 7 to a new PC

Postby ronyzmbow » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:18 am

I have a new PC and try to install my My old Proshow Gold 7 with the proper password.
It does not work....
Any idea why?
Any idea is there anywhere to consult support?
Any other idea?

I was looking at Photopia as an alternative, but I do not like the idea of subscription...

Any ideas about other proper alternatives to Proshow?

Thanks for comments)

Re: My old Proshow Gold 7 to a new PC

Postby CindyE » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:16 am

I would have tried Photopia, but I too don't care for the subscription part of it. If it would continue working like old software even if you quit the subscription, I'd go for that however. It's my understanding that if you discontinue subscribing, the software won't work anymore. For what it's worth, I may change my mind about this someday, but not now. Anyhow, some people have tried PTE and liked it. Myself, I'll continue using PSP as long as possible. Regarding your PSG, I thought I'd go ahead and try installing it on my Windows 7 computer, had never installed it there before. I have the boxed set, the CD and the handbook. The software began the installation, I clicked on the registration part and entered the requested info (my name, phone number, and registration key exactly as shown on the email I received from Photodex at the time of purchase. Your phone number should be entered without dashes. My boxed set is for PSP version 6.0, and I was eligible for the PSP version 7.0 upgrade, so after installing 6.0, I then ran the installer for 7.0. Everything installed and ran with no problems. Was this similar to the procedure you used to try your installation? Hope you get it working OK.

Postby ronyzmbow » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:41 am

CindyE wrote:I would have tried Photopia, but I too don't care for the subscription part of it. If it would continue working like old software even if you quit the subscription, I'd go for that however. It's my understanding that if you discontinue subscribing, the software won't work anymore. For what it's worth, I may change my mind about this someday, but not now. Anyhow, some people have tried PTE and liked it. Myself, I'll continue using PSP as long as possible. Regarding your PSG, I thought I'd go ahead and try installing it on my Windows 7 computer, had never installed it there before. I have the boxed set, the CD and the handbook. The software began the installation, I clicked on the registration part and entered the requested info (my name, phone number, and registration key exactly as shown on the email I received from Photodex at the time of purchase. Your phone number should be entered without dashes. My boxed set is for PSP version 6.0, and I was eligible for the PSP version 7.0 upgrade, so after installing 6.0, I then ran the installer for 7.0. Everything installed and ran with no problems. Was this similar to the procedure you used to try your installation? Hope you get it working OK.

Cindy,
Just upon installing, the minute I insert the serial giver serial number, it is not recognized...so frustrating and nobody to ask for support...Very frustrating, as I used it so often((((

Postby CindyE » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:35 am

Sorry you are having this issue. Wish I had some answers for you. From what I understand (and since I didn't have any problems installing Gold yesterday), Photodex still has an active server for installation purposes. There is a Facebook group that was recently put up due to all the issues with Proshow since Photodex shut down and they also help with any Photopia issues. A great group that is very helpful, they may have some answers for you. If you are on FB, this is their group (you have to join the group):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/466573844021880

The name of the group is Photodex ProShow & Photopia Users Support.

Postby ronyzmbow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:00 am

[quote="CindyE"]Sorry you are having this issue. Wish I had some answers for you. From what I understand (and since I didn't have any problems installing Gold yesterday), Photodex still has an active server for installation purposes. There is a Facebook group that was recently put up due to all the issues with Proshow since Photodex shut down and they also help with any Photopia issues. A great group that is very helpful, they may have some answers for you. If you are on FB, this is their group (you have to join the group):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/466573844021880

The name of the group is

Thanks, Cindy!

Is there any information about the active server?
I will join the group on Facebook.

Return to PSG - General Discussion