making more than 1 copy of a dvd

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

making more than 1 copy of a dvd

Postby Lenora » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:35 am

Is it possible to make mulitple copies of a show. After I finish putting one show on a dvd is there a faster way to do more? I have to do 25 dvds

Re: making more than 1 copy of a dvd

Postby heckydog » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:16 pm

You need to use dvd burning software. There are lots of free ones available. I'm not going to recommend any particular one but let Google be your friend. :)

The process will be the same for any of them. They will make an iso image of your dvd on your hard drive wherever you specify. It will then use the iso image to burn as many copies as you need. You are going to have to swap out the discs after they are burned, there is no shortcut for that. But, you should have a good idea of how long it takes for each one, so you can go do other things while they burn.

Depending on how important they are, family vs business client for example, you may want to verify each disc after it's burned. It will add a lot of time for each disc so that part is up to you.

An iso file is simply an image of your dvd made into one file with an extension of .iso.

Joe
Last edited by heckydog on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lenora » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:09 pm

When I go to create an output in Pro Show Gold how do I find out which one I use to get a iso image

Postby mrdcambs » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:19 am

Hi: in the "Publish" list, select DVD "create". In the resulting screen, in the "Disc Write" box, "ISO Image File" is one of the choices. Select that and you
will be asked to select file/name in which the ISO file will be written. You then use disk writing software to create the DVD from the ISO file.

Regards - Mike - UK

Postby Lenora » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Thanks so much I think I get it.

Postby Lenora » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:54 am

IT Worked !!! thanks everyone

Return to PSG - General Discussion