Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

Re: Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Postby Lin Evans » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:11 pm

"I thought about pic to exe (Wnsoft) but seeing as they are a Russian company and they want a lot of personal info, I'll pass on that one :)."

Hi Eddie,

A certain amount of information is necessary for a web purchase and Paypro, the provider for web purchases for Wnsoft is a Canadian company. Wnsoft doesn't collect your data or want it.

Best regards,

Lin

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi Cherub, You gave me hope for the future. How about the others ProShow Experts, I think you're 10 and I saw only three of them on this link. Escuse me If I forgot the others 7.

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:16 am

Hello,

yes. I missing Barbara C. from New York, gpsmikey from Kirkland, Dale from Parker and more.
Best regrads Dieter

Postby nsd3 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 am

I emailed PhotoDex and asked them if they were in the process of filing for bankruptcy (nothing like getting straight to the point). I cited the lack of activity on their website, no communication, no assurances they’re staying in business, and the intermittent loss of their back end services that support PSP. Below is their reply, verbatim. Make of it what you will.
. . .

Stephen,

There have certainly been some recent changes, most notable of which is that we're currently providing all support services through eMail. A few technical problems have caused interruptions in service for our website and related products, but I believe those are now well in hand. I don't expect much news to be forthcoming until the next version is released, which of course I cannot announce or predict at this time. Suffice it to say that we're still here and your concern is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Photodex Corporation

Regards,

Steve

Postby Bobbito » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:08 am

First post on this forum: I just upgraded from Proshow Producer 5 to 9 this past summer and am shocked to hear of Photodex's possible demise. I do hope they can recover and continue with this valuable product. I run it on my iMac in Windows using Bootcamp or Parallels along with a few other Windows apps. I have one friend who installed Windows on his iMac ONLY for Proshow Producer. I haven't seen anything that comes close to the control Producer gives you of your media in making a video, and I did try other options. I am crossing my fingers that they survive and prosper.
Bob K

Postby Bobbito » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 am

I just checked the Photodex website and it appears it is back up. Everything appears normal. I hope that this was just a glitch, though I believe I read in an earlier post someone at Photodex is out looking for work based on Linkedin. Here is hoping they continue supporting and improving this great product. I love using Producer.

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion