Show output

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Show output

Postby BocaBuckeye » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello everyone!

Due to family matters, I've been away from PSE for a few years; it's nice to be back and to see familiar names.

A friend asked me to create a show for her father's wake and that was all it took, I've got the bug back. Now I can't wait to create more PSP shows for family and friends... and possibly a client or two.

I have a few questions.

Do you still create your shows on DVDs for your clients? If not, what are you using to deliver the show to your clients? Memory stick? ?

How do you label your client's DVDs? Printer? If so, which one? If not, what else are you using?

Thanks for listening. :-)

Happy Weekend!

Catherine
The world needs more smiles, laughter, and heartwarming tears . . . doing my part, one video at a time.

Re: Show output

Postby Mokummer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello Catherine

You can use either DVD or Memory stick. I use DVDs, put them in a DVD case, nice picture slip outside the cover, print picture on the DVD plus text, and on the inside a print with appropriate info. Of course, it all depends on the users TV, DVD player; some later model TVs have a memory stick input.

I use an A3 canon printer that can print on the DVD. The Canon printer has special software that you can use to make the DVD cover with text as well on the DVD. Further photo software, paper. Also, best to use 16x9 images to fill the whole screen.

If you need more info and images best to do this via email.

Good luck and stay away from Corona! :D

Bill

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi

Memory stick allow High resolution (1920 X 1080) and you can find DVD boxes for sticks...
Chris Marie

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:22 am

Hi Catherine

My output format depends on what I want to achieve.

If transportability, convenience and cost are the drivers I output to HD .MP4 followed by Handbrake compression. I then upload to a free storage site (e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, Mega) and email a link to my family/friends to watch on their device, mirror, or put on a stick, to watch on tv. (Plus you're not transmitting anything unwanted.)

If I want to achieve a nice, visualy attractive package that provides a menu (animated or still) with audio, scene selection, additional material (e.g. copies of the photos) then I go for DVD, just as Bill describes. I currently use an A4 Canon TS8251 printer with printable DVDs.

Whilst DVDs have a much lower resolution than DV, a modern tv/player upscales the video to a very acceptable level - at least as far as we are concerned.

Regards

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Return to Business Applications